Thursday, August 12, 2010

Just the way I like it...

When the iPhone 4 was first announced, I had two major gripes with the design: 

First one, while most people liked it, I decided that the antenna being silver sticked out to much.  I'm more of a clean look person myself, so to me, the antenna being silver (especially on a black iPhone 4) seemed like too much contrast.  You saw in an earlier post of mine that I took care of that with a black decal to surround the antenna, and as a bonus, it gave the additional benefit of blocking the antenna from the "death grip" signal drop issue.

Second gripe, and this was in discussion with Aubrey when it was announced, that the white iPhone 4 didn't look as good as the older white iPhone 3G(S).  We didn't like the look of the black screen with the white surround on the front, it looked like a big empty space surrounded by white.  Why didn't they make it so the front was all black, and the back white like the older iPhone?

Yup, we just went there:

2 comments:

  1. I was thinking about this myself.. Is it just a decal?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope, not a decal. It was a full rear glass replacement. The swap invovled a screwdriver, a heat gun, krazy glue, and a white rear glass replacement from Hong Kong. :P The glass is pretty cheap, but the work involved was not fun. Its now available as a full rear housing now so you just need the screwdriver, but its around $150.

    ReplyDelete