Sunday, May 23, 2010

Rigged up...

Rig shots always intrigued me.  Such a cool effect to have the car look like its rolling fast, but I never really understood how it was done.  Wanting to learn more, I went out with Dave from Evolize photo a few nights ago for a quick learning session.  I learned quite a bit on how they work, and what makes the pictures work the way they do.  Looks like a lot of work, but I got the concept understood now.

Dave setting up his stuff while explaining to me how things work:













Live view for the win, wish I had it:














A 'not so final' look that I took with my camera attached to the rig setup.  Now I just gotta work on editing the rig out of the pic (which might take a while with my photoshop skills... or lack of):


A big thanks to Dave for taking the time to help a noob understand things!  Now I'm scared I'm gonna go buy a whole bunch of equipment.  Next thing to learn: working with lighting/flashes...

No comments:

Post a Comment