Sunday, November 1, 2009

I got a bit stiff...

If you thought something other than car suspension after reading the title, then you are totally on the wrong blog. :P  Just kidding, I found it funny too.

Anyways, I told myself I would try to hold of on buying any suspension related parts till I got some new good tires (the RE070s are probably too worn to run again next spring), but I could not pass up a good deal.  I picked up a Perrin Performance front strut tower bar that was on sale from Tunerworks.

Check them out here: http://www.tunerworks.ca/home.php

The bar retails on Perrin's website for $189US (+tax, shipping, customs, etc.).  Rob at Tunerworks posted it on WSC for $175 since he was (by the looks of it) trying to make room on his shelf where the bar was sitting.  Being a Filipino, its in my blood to take advantage of that price.

The install was unlike any other strut tower bar I've ever installed.  All the others ones I've installed on other cars were direct bolt on, you take the strut nuts out, put the bar on, and then the bolts go back in.  This one was not so simple.  It is a three piece setup.  You take the endpieces off the bar, and put them where they should go, loosely putting the strut bolts back in.  Then you have to put the bar in place (through the harness you see on the top right), and put slip them into the endpieces.  Sounds simple enough, but getting everything lined up properly to tighten down was a little bit of fun.  Took a little bit of twisting and swearing, but I eventually got everything locked down.

And here are the pics:






Jen-Ette was happy, you can see her smiling. :P




No comments:

Post a Comment