Saturday, November 28, 2009

My new room mates...

Went to a couple pet stores today to see if I could find some new roommates.  My previous roommates (African Cichlids) make too much noise when I'm trying to sleep, as they like to fight with each other, and like moving things around in the tank.  Was looking for some red belly piranhas, since I used to have some, and loved them for their savageness, but I only found one.  Ended up at Riverfront Aquariums, and they are in the middle of getting ready for moving, so they were having some major discounts on fish.  Walked around a bit, looked at a few fish, didn't see anything that interested me...

...until I passed the tank with the spotted puffers.  They came right to the glass, and were so cute and friendly.  Talked to one of the people working there about them, and also got some outside information on care/feeding (thanks Aubrey!).  And with them being discounted to $4.49 each, I decided to pick up 10 of them.

Here are my new roommates, exploring their new living quarters:





I told them to stay still for the picture, but they wouldn't listen.


You'll notice an African Cichlid back there in the last picture.  He is staying because he was born in my tank, so this is his home.  Hope he does ok with the puffers.



No comments:

Post a Comment