Saturday, October 3, 2009

Goodbye summer, hello winter!

Here in Calgary, we only get two seasons... winter, and construction.  Well, thats the running joke anyways.  But we do get the biggest weather changes.  One minute it could be sunny and 30 degrees C outside, next minute it could be snowing.

Well it looks like winter has begun, there is a forecast of 5-10cm of snow tomorrow and more on Sunday, so that left me with no choice.  My Prodrive P7s with the Bridgestone Potenza RE070 came off, and the stock wheels (which I painted gold last year) with the Kumho KW21 tires went on.  I would have waited longer to put the winters back on, but with the RE070s, even driving in the rain is a task, so I didn't even wanna know what it would be like with snow on the ground.  Besides, summer tires start to harden and get useless around 7 degrees C and lower.

Anyways, I took a bunch of pics before, during, and after the wheel swap.  Yes, I miss the Prodrives already, but I can't wait for that thick dump of snow to drive around and have fun it.  The beauty of AWD and winter tires.

Here's what Jen-Ette looks like in her summer setup:




The two different wheels, you can see why I can't use the summers in snow:
















And her not 'as cool as summer' winter setup:




Oh well, better safe than sorry.  I'd rather have a crappy looking set of wheels than a smashed bumper.  I may still take of the STI spoiler and put the stock one back on for the winter since I got lazy, and didn't find the brake light LED assembly, or the proper rear window washer nozzle assembly.

So bring on the snow, I'm ready for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment