Thursday, October 22, 2009

She will be missed...

I know there are not a lot of people that check out this blog, but to my friends that do, sorry for the lack of updates.  I've been busy removing most of the aftermarket stuff I can sell off from my truck, since it is leaving me at the end of this week, early next week.

For those that don't know, I picked up Jen-Neen, a 2006 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner in October '06 to replace my old Civic (I'll post about that car in the near future).  It first caught my eye in downtown when I saw a blue one in summer '06, and I ended up picking up a red one after 3-4 months.

Here she is the night I bought her (October 6, 2006):


The very next day I took home a trophy for 'Best Sport Truck/SUV' at SCC Calgary.  Don't get it twisted though, it was given to me by default because I was the only sport truck/SUV there. :P


She was pretty quick for a stock truck (had a 15.4 pass at Race City), 6 speed manual, RWD with LSD, stock skid pad dead even with a stock 350z (.92gs), but any one that knows me knows that I can't leave things normal.  At the end of everything in her prime, the mods I did were:

-Black housing headlight assemblies
-4300K Porsche 911 HID bulbs and ballast/ignitor setup
-Yellow film on foglights
-Smoke film on headlights and taillights
-Removed 2 of the 4 catalytic converters
-Toyota window visors
-aFe Cold Air Intake
-Powercoated the stock wheels gold for winter
-18x9.5 +20 Rota P4R wheels (loved the concave) for the summer
-Lowered an extra 1.5" from stock in addition to the factory 2" drop
-Toyota Tonneau Cover
-Painted the rear X brace yellow
-Painted front Toyota emblem black
-Painted hood scoop flat black
-SpiderLite LED taillight bulbs
-Painted engine cover

I think thats it.  Here are a few pics of her in her prime:







Here's one of the last set of pics that will be taken of her while in my possession.  Took them on Saturday.  Will take on last set of pics when everything is as back to stock as possible before she goes:





No comments:

Post a Comment